Cloud Native Landscape
- K8s distributions and SaaS offerings
05/univa-announces-navops- command-for-managing- enterprise-container-workload- on-kubernetes-distributions/
news/releases/vmw-newsfeed. VMware-Introduces-Kubernetes- as-a-Service-on-Photon- Platform.2104598.html
- PaaS on Kubernetes
- Red Hat® OpenShift is a container application platform that brings docker and Kubernetes to the enterprise.
- Deis Workflow
- The open source PaaS for Kubernetes.
- An open-source, Kubernetes-based PaaS built in Python and Go
- WSO2 Private PaaS delivers standard, on-premise, application, integration, data, identity, governance, and analytics Platform as a Service (PaaS) to your IT project teams.
- Simple, easy-to-use container management.It contains Cattle,Kubernetes,Messos and Docker Swarm orchestrations.
- ElasticKube is an open source management platform for Kubernetes with the goal of providing a self-service experience for containerized applications.
- Serverless implementations
- open source event based lambda programming for kubernetes
- Fission: Serverless Functions for Kubernetes
- kubeless is a Kubernetes-native serverless framework. It is currently under active development lead by the Kubernetes group at Bitnami,
- Apache OpenWhisk is a serverless, open source cloud platform
- Serverless Multi-cloud for Enteprise, Open Source.
- Lever OS is the open-source cloud platform that allows fast-moving teams to build and deploy microservice-oriented backends in the blink of an eye.
- It abstracts away complicated infrastructure and leaves developers with very simple, but powerful building blocks that handle scale transparently.
- OpenLambda is an Apache-licensed serverless computing project, written in Go and based on Linux containers. One of the goals of OpenLambda is to enable exploration of new approaches to serverless computing.
- Application frameworks
- API Management
- Data processing
- Package managers
- Helm is a tool for managing Kubernetes charts. Charts are packages of pre-configured Kubernetes resources.
- Discover & launch great Kubernetes-ready apps
- KPM is a tool to deploy and manage application stacks on Kubernetes. But kpm is no longer developed or maintained by CoreOS.
- AppController is a pod that you can spawn in your Kubernetes cluster which will take care of your complex deployments for you.
- Application deployment orchestration
- API/CLI adaptors
- UIs / mobile apps
- Developer platform
- Secret generation and management
- Client libraries
- Load balancing
- Nginx Plus
- Service mesh
- Container runtimes
- An open and reliable container runtime
- rkt is a pod-native container engine for Linux. It is composable, secure, and built on standards.
- Open Container Initiative-based implementation of Kubernetes Container Runtime Interface.
- Hypervisor-based Runtime for OCI.
- The Open Container Initiative (OCI) is a lightweight, open governance structure (project), formed under the auspices of the Linux Foundation, for the express purpose of creating open industry standards around container formats and runtime.
- The OCI currently contains two specifications: the Runtime Specification (runtime-spec) and the Image Specification (image-spec).
- Cloud providers
- Digital Ocean
- Managed Kubernetes
- VMs on Kubernetes